Thursday, January 29, 2009

Joining the world of Joblessness and Stress!

I managed to work my ass off while going to school, being able to maintain a full time job and my sanity (sort of). I graduated from school and immediately started to look for a new job that I could actually make into a career. I was excited for this new opportunity. I had received a job interview, an offer, and a start date all within a week and I was so HAPPY! I was finally going to be able to work normal hours, have a salary that was livable, and health care! Things were falling into place. After completing all my paperwork for the new job I submitted my resignation letter to my current employer and said good bye to coworkers, clients, and kiddo's. It was sad to go but I was excited all at the same time. I spent the weekend volunteering and keeping me busy since I didn't have to prepare to do an overnight like I normally do and I was LOVING it! THEN...
Last Friday at 4:30PM I received a call from the VP of HR of my new found employer that they are required to resend all job offers until at least March. The job would be re posted when they are able to hire again and if I was still interested to resubmit my resume directly to HR so I could be "first pick". I was supposed to begin on MONDAY! I was DEVASTATED! Not only was I in a place that I could not totally freak out since I was volunteering but I was now without a job, without a paycheck. I was given a break a bit later got into my car, called my mom and just cried. I was at a total loss.
I was SOOOOOO Happy that I had stuff to do this weekend so it kept my head above water for at least a few more days. I did receive a call on Saturday from a place that I had submitted my resume to quite sometime ago so that was a blessing. I went to my interview yesterday so we shall see how that turns out. I have applied to 19 places over the past 3 days and am praying that something happens soon. I'm going to go apply for my substitute teaching certificate tomorrow and hope something comes from that too. I need something SOON!
I know that there are millions of people in my situation and are in worse situations. I am thankful that I don't have a family to care for and that this really only influences me. I can't imagine what those families are doing who have a spouse, children, animals, a home, etc, who are facing the same situation. It's devastating, scary, and real. I pray that everyone who is out there searching for a job that they may find something soon. Please pray for the same.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Jessica,

You are in my prayers, hope you get a job soon.

Holly

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with the job search. Persistance always pays and you have been a busy bee with all those submissions. Pray you find something soon.

Lacy King said...

Things will work out sweetie! What does not kill us, makes us stronger! IT IS TRUE, AND... never forget if you need us we are only a plane ride away with a free room for you!