Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Holidays

When I figure out how to actually post pictures on here I will put some up from Graduation...if anyone (as most of you do) knows how to post pics on here if you could kindly help out the loser who has no idea it would be greatly appreciated :-)
After graduation I went to Texas for Christmas. I drove to Midland with my mom and celebrated with my Uncles, Aunts, my sister, my mom and my Grandma. I slept for more hours in my 4 days there than I think I did all year and loved every minute of it. There is something about G'ma's house that makes sleeping so easy. I don't know if it's the bed, the dark room, the smell, the safety, the fact that it's my Grandma's, but I slept soundly. We relaxed at home on Christmas day, completed a puzzle, watched TV, and had our Christmas dinner. We weren't actually celebrating our Christmas until the next day when my other Uncle and his family could join us. The next day we got up and began with a tribute to my Grandpa who had passed away earlier this year. He LOVED See's Candy and every year he was given a pound of See's Candy if not more than that. We did our tribute and opened a box of candy in honor and remembrance of my Grandpa. It definitely started out the day just right. We then had our Christmas lunch and then opened presents. It was fun to watch my cousins get excited about their gifts and get to know my Aunt Elaine who I haven't been able to spend any time with since she and my uncle got married. Afterwards, the girls went shopping and then came back home to work on a new puzzle (it's a family thing that we do at my Grandparents). When we got tired we went to bed and got up the next morning to start on the puzzle all over again. My uncle's went out to Chuck E Cheese with my cousins (who are 4 and 6) and the girls went out shopping to the mall. We came home and worked on the puzzle until it was time for dinner. We went down to the Country Club for dinner and it was just wonderful! I love the club and it has very special memories. Everything from the years at the pool and tennis lessons, golf cart rides through the course, or my uncle's wedding where I had wear the most annoying dress ever because it itched so bad, the memories are there. I remember breakfast buffet's on Sunday and practicing my proper etiquette when we would go there for brunch. It was just a perfect way to end the weekend. We had a delicious meal with delicious wine and we dined. My Grandma always tells us if we are just eating or if we are dining. Dining would imply taking our time and enjoying the company we were in. We only "ate" when we had somewhere to go afterwards. We returned home and tried to finish the puzzle but were not able to before I just had to go to bed. Mom and I were leaving the next morning and I had work that night we returned so I needed all the sleep I could get. I wish we could have finished it but there will be another year and another puzzle I am sure.
I spent New Year's eve with David and his family and went to bed early cause I'm a total loser who was working promptly at 6:30AM on New Year's Day. I made my New Year's resolutions and am prepared for the New Year. I think that it's my favorite holiday. Something about the new start makes it wonderful.
I hope that this year brings everyone the greatest of joys and accomplishments. I'm excited to see where this year takes me! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

2 comments:

Lacy King said...

Glad you FINALLY slept for once! I also like how your Grandma tells the difference in Dining and Eating, I will have to use that and take it to heart. When you come to visit Benson will be all over doing puzzles with you! He is a brainiac at them! Miss you, Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

When you post there is a photo icon that you can add photos to your post with.