Saturday, January 3, 2009

A SURVEY FOR 2008

Stole this from another blog... looked like a good thing to do! I copied Kathy :-)

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before? GRADUATE COLLEGE

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I DON'T REMEMBER THEM SO CLEARLY I DIDN'T I KEEP THEM. I'LL TRY BETTER THIS YEAR.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? MANY OF MY FRIENDS DID AND THE GIRLS THAT I HAVE WORKED WITH AT THE GROUP HOME.
4. Did anyone close to you die? YES
5. What countries did you visit? STAYED IN THE USA
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? TIME FOR MYSELF
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? DECEMBER 19TH. I GRADUATED AND IT WAS THE MOST INCREDIBLE DAY I HAVE EVER EARNED!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? HAVE I MENTIONED GRADUATION?
9. What was your biggest failure? I DON'T THINK I HAVE ANY ALTHOUGH I SURE CAME CLOSE MULITPLE TIMES. IT WAS A ROUGH ROUGH ROUGH YEAR.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? NOTHING SERIOUS.
11. What was the best thing you bought? I DON'T EVEN KNOW. I WAS TOO POOR TO PURCHASE MUCH SO THE FACT THAT THE BILLS GOT PAID WAS PRETTY DAMN IMPRESSIVE!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? MY MOM FOR ONE. SHE IS THE MOST INCREDIBLE WOMAN AND WITHOUT HER I WOULD BE A LOST SOUL. AND MY FRIEND KELLY WHO WITHOUT HER I WOULD NEVER HAVE MADE IT THROUGH SCHOOL. SHE KEPT ME GOING WHEN I WANTED TO SLEEP, QUIT, OR DRINK :)
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and/or depressed? I WORKED IN CHILD AND FAMILY SERVICES AT THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR AND SAW VERY VERY SAD THINGS. I WISH I COULD HAVE DONE MORE.
14. Where did most of your money go? BILLS
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? GRADUATION
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? THERE ARE SEVERAL: TIED TOGETHER WITH A SMILE: TAYLOR SWIFT, ONE STEP AT A TIME: JORDIN SPARKS, THE SONG REMEMBERS WHEN: TRISHA YEARWOOD...THERE ARE OTHERS THAT SIGNIFY IMPORTANCE AT SPECIFIC MOMENTS BUT THESE SEEMED TO BE ONES THAT CARRIED THROUGH THE YEAR
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:i. happier or sadder? thinner or fatter? HAPPIER AND THE SAME
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? TALK TO MY LONG DISTANCE FRIENDS.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? WORKING. ALTHOUGH THAT WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO DO, I STILL WISH THAT THERE WAS A WAY TO HAVE WORKED LESS.
20. How will you be spending New Years? I SPENT IT WITH DAVID, WORKING, AND SLEEPING.
22. Did you fall in love in 2008? I SAY YES.
23. How many one-night stands? NONE TO SPEAK OF
24.What was your favorite TV program? DAYS OF OUR LIVES. IT IS MY TRUE GUILTY PLEASURE.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? NOT HATE.
26. What was the best book you read? THE ONLY NON SCHOOL BOOK I RECALL READING IS "CHANGE OF HEART" BY JODI PICOULT. I LOVE ALL HER BOOKS AND WAS SOOOO HAPPY THAT SHE CAME OUT WITH A BOOK THIS YEAR. I WOULDN'T HAVE READ ANYTHING ELSE FOR PLEASURE OTHERWISE.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? KATE VOEGELE AND NATASHA BEDDINGFIELD...IS THAT CONSIDERED A MUSICAL DISCOVERY?
28. What did you want and get? A COLLEGE DEGREE
29. What did you want and not get? TIME
30. What was your favourite film of this year? JUNO
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I TURNED 27 AND I WENT TO DINNER TO MY FAVORITE PLACE
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying. LANDING MY DREAM JOB
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? COMFORTABLE
34. What kept you sane? KELLY AND THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? UH...NONE??
36. What political issue stirred you the most? HEALTH CARE AND THE MARRIAGE PROP
37. Who did you miss? MY LONG DISTANCE FRIENDS MORE THAN EVER
38. Who was the best new person you met? THERE ISN'T ANYONE THAT COMES TO MIND THAT MAKES IT ON THAT LIST. I WAS TOO BUSY TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS THAT WOULD ACTUALLY HIT THE TOP OF THAT LIST. I MET NEW PEOPLE, I HAVE HAD FUN WITH DIFFERENT PEOPLE, BUT THE PEOPLE I ALREADY HAD IN MY LIFE ARE THE ONES THAT HAVE REALLY MADE THIS YEAR GREAT.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. LOVE YOURSELF LIKE YOU LOVE YOUR FRIENDS, NEVER GIVE UP, CRYING IS OK.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. WELL THE LYRIC THAT PROBABLY SUMS IT UP IS FROM "TIED TOGETHER WITH A SMILE"
hold on, baby you're losing it
the waters high, your jumping into it
and letting go and no one knows
that you cry, but you don't tell anyone
that you might not be the golden one
and your tied together with a smile
but your coming undone
I SPENT THE ENTIRE YEAR SMILING AND LAUGHING WITH OTHERS BUT I CRIED ALL THE TIME WHEN I WAS ALONE. IT WAS A ROUGH YEAR TO GET THROUGH AND PEOPLE WOULD TELL ME ALL THE TIME THAT THEY DON'T KNOW HOW I MANAGED IT ALL AND THEY COULD NEVER DO WHAT I DID. WHAT THEY DIDN'T KNOW IS THAT I CRIED IN MY CAR, I CRIED BEFORE I WENT TO BED, AND I CRIED WHEN I WOKE UP. I CRIED WHEN I WALKED TO CLASS AND I CRIED WHEN I GOT OUT OF CLASS. I CRIED AT WORK AND I CRIED AT HOME. IT WAS THE ONLY EMOTION I HAD LEFT. BUT NO ONE KNEW IT BECAUSE I SMILED AND I LAUGHED AND I ACTED AS THOUGH LIFE WAS A-OK. BUT IT TURNED OUT WONDERFUL AND I MADE IT. EVERYDAY WAS WORTH IT IN THE END.

2 comments:

motherofangels said...

Glad you stole this from me!!! It was fun to read! Your such a sweet heart, I miss you. I hope you didn't cry too much last year... that would make me sad! I hope you are doing well. Love ya :) Congrats on the graduation :)

Unknown said...

I love you so much and wish I could have been there to pick you up through some of your year. Reading this reminds me so much of myself trying to finish up massage school. I don't think I could have made it with out the support and love you and Georgia gave me. I'm so glad you did have friends and loved ones there for you and hope that your life will only continue to get better from here...without as much taxing effort. ;)