Friday, March 27, 2009

A DAY AT WORK

I am LOVING my new job for many, many reasons but one of the main ones is that it is so much fun! The people who I work with are so great and there is always something to laugh about and something to do...and they do it BIG!
So we had a Spring Fling today and it was a BLAST! I can't wait till we get the pictures so I can actually put them on here but for now I will tell you that our owner gave away $20,000 today during our activities and I won $1000...NOT bad!! We had two contests that were worth a prize of $2000 each. One of them we had to decorate 12 eggs and the best set own. Then we had a contest of the best hat (I only did the eggs but the hats were really really cool!) The people at work talked and talked about this festival and they had secrets about their projects and teams and it went on and on. I decided to join the competition and see what happens...here are pictures of my project.




And believe it or not...I WON 2nd PLACE! I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited! I couldn't even believe it! In addition to winning 2nd place in the egg contest my team won 2/4 of the games that we played. It was so awesome!!

Our owner is an incredibly generous person who cares greatly about us. I'm very lucky to have been given an opportunity to work in this environment.

Now...we are getting geared up for our SUMMER EXTRAVAGANZA in Santa Barbara California!!

3 comments:

Lacy King said...

Dang Jessi, FIRST OF ALL... your project is awesome! And I totally believe you got second place. WAY TO GO! I am so glad you found such a wonderful job that you enjoy. I am glad your hard work paid off!

Unknown said...

I love your project! It's so wonderful when you finally find a job that makes you happy. It's great to see your happiness coming through your words (but it doesn't quite take place of that smile and laugh I miss.) You've worked so hard over the past few years and it was so very worth it!!

Holly said...

Project looks great! congrats! The money will be fun to spend.